Subject: Re: bug#54188: Crash when eval-ing font test elisp code

From: Vordoo <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 3 Mar 2022 14:46:56 +0200

On 3/3/22 11:46, Eli Zaretskii wrote:
> What are *.htf font files?  Are they OpenType fonts, or are they
> something else?  "t1fonts" seem to say they are Type1 fonts or
> something?  Does anyone here know what they are?
>
> I didn't know Emacs can use TeXLive fonts, and I have no idea what
> that means for our font-handling code.  Maybe the cause of the crash
> is that Type1 fonts cause some problems?

This may shade some light regarding htf fonts:

https://tug.org/pipermail/texhax/2008-July/010720.html

This other culprit fonts is indeed  Type1:

"Caladings CLM"

/usr/share/fonts/Type1/CaladingsCLM.pfa: Caladings CLM:style=Regular

Culprit "lucida" font probably is from:

/usr/share/texmf-dist/tex/context/fonts/mkiv/lucida-typeone-math.lfg
/usr/share/texmf-dist/tex/context/fonts/mkiv/type-imp-lucida-typeone.mkiv
/usr/share/texmf-dist/tex/context/fonts/mkiv/type-imp-lucida-opentype.mkiv
/usr/share/texmf-dist/tex/context/fonts/mkiv/lucida-opentype-math.lfg
/usr/share/texmf-dist/tex/plain/zztex/zzlucida.tex