Subject: Re: bug#54188: Crash when eval-ing font test elisp code

From: Vordoo <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 1 Mar 2022 17:23:32 +0200

On 3/1/22 14:55, Eli Zaretskii wrote:
> Thanks.
> Can you show a full backtrace with one of the problematic fonts
> (i.e. "bt full" command in GDB), from the crash location?  The
> backtrace you posted originally shows only the names of the functions,
> it doesn't even show line numbers, let alone arguments to the
> functions.  You also didn't say which Emacs version is that (it will
> become important if you post a more detailed backtrace).

Thank you!

As stated earlier, crash confirmed on Emacs: 27.2 | 28.0.60 | 29.0.50

Attached is gdb.txt (bt full output) from:

In GNU Emacs 29.0.50 (build 2, x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 
3.24.31, cairo version 1.17.4)
  of 2022-03-01 built on wsxbox
Repository revision: cde8e5afbb651f1be04b5e79db984d00d751ca04
Repository branch: master
Windowing system distributor 'The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.12101003
System Description: Arch Linux

Configured using:
  'configure --prefix=/home/wsx/dev/emacs/emacs29
  --with-native-compilation --with-json --with-x-toolkit=gtk
  --without-toolkit-scroll-bars 'CFLAGS=-O0 -g3 -flto
  -fuse-linker-plugin' 'CXXFLAGS=-flto -fuse-linker-plugin'
  --enable-checking=yes,glyphs --enable-check-lisp-object-type'

Configured features:
ACL CAIRO DBUS FREETYPE GIF GLIB GMP GNUTLS GPM GSETTINGS HARFBUZZ JPEG
JSON LCMS2 LIBOTF LIBSYSTEMD LIBXML2 M17N_FLT MODULES NATIVE_COMP NOTIFY
INOTIFY PDUMPER PNG RSVG SECCOMP SOUND SQLITE3 THREADS TIFF WEBP X11
XDBE XIM XPM GTK3 ZLIB

Important settings:
   value of $LC_COLLATE: en_US.UTF-8
   value of $LC_CTYPE: en_US.UTF-8
   value of $LC_MESSAGES: en_US.UTF-8
   value of $LC_MONETARY: en_US.UTF-8
   value of $LC_NUMERIC: en_US.UTF-8
   value of $LC_TIME: en_US.UTF-8
   value of $LANG: en_US.UTF-8
   locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Lisp Interaction

Minor modes in effect:
   tooltip-mode: t
   global-eldoc-mode: t
   eldoc-mode: t
   show-paren-mode: t
   electric-indent-mode: t
   mouse-wheel-mode: t
   tool-bar-mode: t
   menu-bar-mode: t
   file-name-shadow-mode: t
   global-font-lock-mode: t
   font-lock-mode: t
   blink-cursor-mode: t
   auto-composition-mode: t
   auto-encryption-mode: t
   auto-compression-mode: t
   line-number-mode: t
   indent-tabs-mode: t
   transient-mark-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(misearch multi-isearch thingatpt vc-git diff-mode easy-mmode
vc-dispatcher pp shadow sort mail-extr emacsbug message mailcap
yank-media rmc puny dired dired-loaddefs rfc822 mml mml-sec
password-cache epa derived epg rfc6068 epg-config gnus-util
text-property-search time-date mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse
rfc2231 mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader sendmail rfc2047 rfc2045
ietf-drums mm-util mail-prsvr mail-utils comp comp-cstr warnings rx
cl-seq cl-macs cl-extra help-mode seq gv subr-x byte-opt cl-loaddefs
cl-lib bytecomp byte-compile cconv iso-transl tooltip eldoc paren
electric uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type elisp-mode mwheel
term/x-win x-win term/common-win x-dnd tool-bar dnd fontset image
regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list replace newcomment text-mode lisp-mode
prog-mode register page tab-bar menu-bar rfn-eshadow isearch easymenu
timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax font-core
term/tty-colors frame minibuffer cl-generic cham georgian utf-8-lang
misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese eucjp-ms
cp51932 hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian
cyrillic chinese composite emoji-zwj charscript charprop case-table
epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev obarray cl-preloaded nadvice
button loaddefs faces cus-face macroexp files window text-properties
overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule custom widget keymap
hashtable-print-readable backquote threads dbusbind inotify lcms2
dynamic-setting system-font-setting font-render-setting cairo
move-toolbar gtk x-toolkit x multi-tty make-network-process
native-compile emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 133733 15522)
  (symbols 48 7835 3)
  (strings 32 35634 1101)
  (string-bytes 1 1173151)
  (vectors 16 26831)
  (vector-slots 8 382150 17530)
  (floats 8 49 36)
  (intervals 56 265 0)
  (buffers 992 13))