Subject: Re: bug#54188: Crash when eval-ing font test elisp code

From: Vordoo <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 28 Feb 2022 09:09:04 +0200

On 2/28/22 05:30, Eli Zaretskii wrote:
>> 3. Emacs crash
>>
>> Thread 1 "emacs" received signal SIGSEGV, Segmentation fault.
>> 0x0000555555790ec1 in fontset_find_font ()
> I cannot reproduce this here.
>
> In general, trying to use Emacs with arbitrary fonts is not a good
> idea, as not every font can be used by Emacs.

Thanks for your prompt response!

1. I can ditch this code. It's from: 
https://www.emacswiki.org/emacs/GoodFonts. I'll try updating them.

2. On the other hand, throwing at emacs anything "reasonable" without it 
crashing is an advantage. What is reasonable is not my call :-o

3. The code did work nice a couple of times. The crash started after 
removing/adding fonts to the system. I can try retracing the culprit 
font, if you find it worthwhile, or just move on.

Have a great day!