Subject: bug#54183: 28.0.91; Emacs crashes on bookmark-jump

From: Gustavo Barros <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 03 Mar 2022 12:23:55 -0300

On Thu, 03 Mar 2022 at 11:57, Gustavo Barros <[email-masked]> 
wrote:

> Damn! My bad! I had remamed/moved the emacs since the first build and, 
> as a
> result the `make' step had completely failed, and I managed to miss
> that... sorry.
>
> Let me start over, and try to do things right. I'll report back soon.

What I did now.  I extracted the tarball anew.  Applied the patch, which 
succeeded. Configured with the same options as previously.  Ran `make', 
which succeeded.  Ran `./src/emacs --daemon'.  Then 
`./lib-src/emacsclient -c -a=""'. Called `bookmark-jump', which did not 
produce a crash. The fringe mark was correctly displayed. Then I 
attached to this process with GDB and made sure I was running the 
correct version:

(gdb) break gui_define_fringe_bitmap
Breakpoint 1 at 0x56464df0ea00: file fringe.c, line 1811.
(gdb)

As far as I can tell, this looks good.  (Sorry for the mess on the 
previous attempt).  Does it also look good to you?  Do you need any 
further checks to be made on this side?