Subject: bug#54183: 28.0.91; Emacs crashes on bookmark-jump

From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 28 Feb 2022 05:24:50 +0200

> From: Gustavo Barros <[email-masked]>
> Cc: [email-masked]
> Date: Sun, 27 Feb 2022 17:33:35 -0300
> 
> When I first wrote, `report-emacs-bug' had already directed me to 
> `/etc/DEBUG', and I had already attempted to get GDB working, and had 
> failed to do so.  Since that's what you asked, I tried it again, and 
> unfortunately failed again.  From experience, I know documents such as 
> `/etc/DEBUG' are thorough/sufficient, but apparently I lack some 
> prerequisite knowledge to be able to follow its instructions.  I know, I 
> can hear you sigh, sorry.  But short of some more down to earth 
> instructions, I'm afraid I'll not be able to provide you much.

Sure, I will try to help.

Can you describe step by step what you did to try to run Emacs under
GDB?

And btw, did I understand correctly that you can reproduce the problem
in a standalone Emacs process (i.e. not when Emacs is run as a
daemon)?  If so, try that first: it is easier that way.  Just start
GDB and then run Emacs from GDB.

Thanks.