Subject: bug#54161: [External] : bug#54161: 27.2; `define-minor-mode' with alist of key bindings

From: Michael Heerdegen <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 02 Mar 2022 00:56:48 +0100

Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]> writes:

> I close bugs that I don't think needs further work.  If you disagree
> with that, you can still work on the bugs, of course -- whether the bug
> is "closed" or not doesn't make a difference.

Yes, and I could continue to work on it if it was removed completely
from the bug tracker as well.  This is the same problem I suffered from
in the discussion with Eli: I simply feel hasted.

It somewhat has become a task to "rescue" single bug reports that didn't
get enough attention.  Why the haste?  It is probably more exhausting
for me to look through the closed bug reports to find important stuff
than it is for you to look through all of them at first.

In the discussion with Eli, I "rescued" Bug#14582.  Really, I don't have
any knowlegde about that matter.  I just intervened because I found it is
important to be handled.

You said it should be closed.  Eli then said it should be closed,
several times, for different reasons every time.  It was my task to
withstand the urge to close, and I had not really arguments because I
don't have enough knowlegde in that field.  In such cases I feel urged
to learn about that stuff and find arguments, in a short period of time,
in a field I don't have knowlegde in.  This distracts me from doing
other, more useful work for Emacs, and is really frustrating and
demotivating.  I can't be productive that way.  I end up having dozens
of half baked commits in my pipeline, but I get distracted by the next
report to be closed, I forget about the older things, and it becomes
harder to finish something.

So, please; I totally understand you want to get things done.  But not
everybody can keep up with your working speed.

Michael.