Subject: bug#5415: 23.1.91; yank vs. X clipboard

From: Jan Djärv <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 19 Jan 2010 11:13:14 +0100

skrev:
> JD> Use the tool bar or the menu bar.
> I just want the x-clipboard to always write into emacs yank buffers.
> I don't see what those bars have to do with it.

That is not what you said, you said you "want to copy anything from the X 
clipboard into emacs".  The tool bar and menu bar paste command puts stuff 
from the clipboard into Emacs.  That is not the same as wanting the clipboard 
always go to the emacs yank buffers.  Brief can be good, but too brief and you 
become unclear.

Your statement again isn't clear.  Do you mean that if you copy something ten 
times in several different applications that isn't Emacs, all ten pieces of 
text should end up in the kill ring, even if you didn't interact with Emacs in 
between?  That will not happen.

Or do you just want the yank command to yank from the clipboard first if there 
is something there?  A quick M-x apropos clipboard would then have shown you 
x-select-enable-clipboard.

	Jan D.