Subject: bug#54139: 27.2; Translating the Emacs Menu

From: "Dr. Arne Babenhauserheide" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 26 Mar 2022 23:43:46 +0100

Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]> writes:

> Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]> writes:
>
>> I don't think translating just the menus would help much -- for this to
>> make sense, we'd need to internationalise the source code so that
>> messages are also localised.

I think there is a point to that: Users who do not need the full
commands of Emacs translated, but simply want the efficient large-file
handling and fontification. 

A translated menu and a toolbar make this much easier.

Another group are those who speak some English, but have an easier time
reading their native language. When reading English at a word per
second, a translated menu helps a lot already, but messages can still be
deciphered when needed.

Best wishes,
Arne
-- 
Unpolitisch sein
heißt politisch sein,
ohne es zu merken.
draketo.de