Subject: bug#54117: closed (Re: bug#54117: 28.0.91; Upgrading packages not working)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Wed, 13 Apr 2022 07:20:02 +0000

Your bug report

#54117: 28.0.91; Upgrading packages not working

which was filed against the emacs package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
54117: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=54117
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#54117: 28.0.91; Upgrading packages not working
From: Po Lu <[email-masked]>
To: Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 13 Apr 2022 15:19:01 +0800
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Po Lu <[email-masked]> writes:

> In fact, nothing gets marked for upgrades, and I have got quite some
> more packages installed, so I suspect some problem in the upgrade
> marking process.

I got around to looking at this: every package installed is labeled as
"external" instead of "installed".  Since I don't know what the
difference between the two is, I installed a change to also mark
upgradable "external" packages, and am closing this bug.

Subject: 28.0.91; Upgrading packages not working
From: Po Lu <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 23 Feb 2022 10:12:36 +0800
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Install some packages from NonGNU ELPA and wait for newer versions to
become available.  Then, type U in the package list.  Those packages
will not be marked for upgrades.  (I hope I'm not doing anything wrong
here.)

Thanks.

In GNU Emacs 28.0.91 (build 1, x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, X toolkit, cairo version 1.17.4, Xaw3d scroll bars)
 of 2022-02-08 built on trinity
Repository revision: 82e74e4559b8becd44f3e7ac0134e2baddd69921
Repository branch: emacs-28
Windowing system distributor 'The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.12014000
System Description: Fedora Linux 35 (Workstation Edition)

Configured using:
 'configure --with-x-toolkit=lucid --with-native-compilation
 --cache-file=/tmp/ccache'

Configured features:
ACL CAIRO DBUS FREETYPE GIF GLIB GMP GNUTLS GSETTINGS HARFBUZZ JPEG JSON
LCMS2 LIBSELINUX LIBSYSTEMD LIBXML2 MODULES NATIVE_COMP NOTIFY INOTIFY
PDUMPER PNG RSVG SECCOMP SOUND THREADS TIFF TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS X11
XAW3D XDBE XIM XPM LUCID ZLIB