Subject: 26.3; Doc of `face-remap-add-relative' in (elisp) `Face Remapping'

From: Drew Adams <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 22 Feb 2022 17:22:32 +0000

In this text:

 -- Function: face-remap-add-relative face &rest specs
     This function adds the face spec in SPECS as relative remappings
     for face FACE in the current buffer.  The remaining arguments,
     SPECS, should form either a list of face names, or a property list
     of attribute/value pairs.

please consider removing this: "The remaining arguments,".
This should just say "SPECS should form...".

SPECS and FACE were already introduced in the first sentence.  And the
`&rest' makes clear that SPECS is the remaining args _after argument
FACE_.  Talking about "remaining arguments out of the blue, without
saying they are what come ("remain") _after FACE_, is not
comprehensible.

In GNU Emacs 26.3 (build 1, x86_64-w64-mingw32)
 of 2019-08-29
Repository revision: 96dd0196c28bc36779584e47fffcca433c9309cd
Windowing system distributor `Microsoft Corp.', version 10.0.19043
Configured using:
 `configure --without-dbus --host=x86_64-w64-mingw32
 --without-compress-install 'CFLAGS=-O2 -static -g3''