Subject: Re: bug#54111: guile bundles (a compiled version of) UnicodeData.txt and binaries

From: Ludovic Courtès <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 24 Mar 2022 14:33:38 +0100

Hello,

Timothy Sample <[email-masked]> skribis:

> I’ve attached two patches, the second of which is gzipped (the
> UnicodeData.txt file is nearly 2M).
>
> The first patch replaces the Perl script with the Awk script.  The Awk
> script produces an identical ‘srfi-14.i.c’, except for changing “.pl” to
> “.awk” in a comment.
>
> The second patch removes ‘srfi-14.i.c’, adds ‘UnicodeData.txt’, and
> teaches the build machinery how to generate the former from the latter.
> I did my best with the Makefile, but I’m still a noob when it comes to
> Automake conventions.  This is the part that warrants the most review!
> Finally, I added support for comments to the Awk script so that I could
> put the Unicode license text in the data file itself.  This is probably
> the simplest way to dispatch our legal obligations to Unicode, Inc. (and
> follow the guidelines of the FSF).  For all the details, see
> <https://www.unicode.org/copyright.html> and
> <https://www.gnu.org/licenses/license-list.html#Unicode>.

This all looks good to me.

Pushed in Guile as commit 9f8e05e513399985021643c34217f45d65c66392,
thank you!

Ludo’.