Subject: bug#54092: 29.0.50; Org Export ignores subscript/superscript setting in node names

From: Philipp Stephani <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 21 Feb 2022 19:55:25 +0100

Create an Org file like this:

$ cat /tmp/test.org 
#+OPTIONS: ^:{}

* aaa_bbb
:PROPERTIES:
:ALT_TITLE: ccc_ddd
:END:

eee_fff

Visit it in Emacs, enabling Texinfo export:

$ emacs -Q -l org -l ox -l ox-texinfo /tmp/test.org

Export the file to a Texinfo file using C-c C-e i t.
The resulting Texinfo file will contain:

@menu
* ccc@math{_ddd}::
@end menu

@node ccc@math{_ddd}
@chapter aaa_bbb

eee_fff

Note that despite the ^:{} option, the node name (but nothing else)
still (incorrectly) uses a subscript for "ddd".  My suspicion is that
this is due to the use of `org-element-parse-secondary-string' in
`org-export-get-alt-title'; that seems to ignore the export options.

In GNU Emacs 29.0.50 (build 57, x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 3.24.31, cairo version 1.16.0)
 of 2022-02-21
Repository revision: de003cb2b555719a005516b7791a6f6c3c11f9a3
Repository branch: master
Windowing system distributor 'The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.12014000
System Description: Debian GNU/Linux rodete

Configured using:
 'configure --enable-gcc-warnings=warn-only
 --enable-gtk-deprecation-warnings --without-pop --with-mailutils
 --enable-checking=all --enable-check-lisp-object-type --with-modules
 'CFLAGS=-O0 -ggdb3''

Configured features:
CAIRO DBUS FREETYPE GIF GLIB GMP GNUTLS GSETTINGS HARFBUZZ JPEG JSON
LIBSELINUX LIBSYSTEMD LIBXML2 MODULES NOTIFY INOTIFY PDUMPER PNG SECCOMP
SOUND THREADS TIFF TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS X11 XDBE XIM XPM GTK3 ZLIB

Important settings:
  value of $LC_TIME: en_DK.utf8
  value of $LANG: en_US.utf8
  value of $XMODIFIERS: @im=ibus
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Lisp Interaction

Minor modes in effect:
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  eldoc-mode: t
  show-paren-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  tool-bar-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  indent-tabs-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr emacsbug sendmail phst skeleton pcase ffap
thingatpt url url-proxy url-privacy url-expand url-methods url-history
url-cookie url-domsuf url-util url-parse auth-source cl-seq eieio
eieio-core cl-macs eieio-loaddefs json map url-vars rx message mailcap
yank-media rmc dired dired-loaddefs rfc822 mml mml-sec password-cache
epa derived epg rfc6068 epg-config gnus-util time-date mm-decode
mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231 rfc2047 rfc2045 mm-util
ietf-drums mail-prsvr mailabbrev mail-utils gmm-utils mailheader gnutls
puny elp dbus xml seq gv subr-x byte-opt bytecomp byte-compile cconv
compile text-property-search comint ansi-color ring cl-loaddefs cl-lib
iso-transl tooltip eldoc paren electric uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks
lisp-float-type elisp-mode mwheel term/x-win x-win term/common-win x-dnd
tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list replace
newcomment text-mode lisp-mode prog-mode register page tab-bar menu-bar
rfn-eshadow isearch easymenu timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock
font-lock syntax font-core term/tty-colors frame minibuffer cl-generic
cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao
korean japanese eucjp-ms cp51932 hebrew greek romanian slovak czech
european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese composite emoji-zwj charscript
charprop case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev obarray
cl-preloaded nadvice button loaddefs faces cus-face macroexp files
window text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages
mule custom widget keymap hashtable-print-readable backquote threads
dbusbind inotify dynamic-setting system-font-setting font-render-setting
cairo move-toolbar gtk x-toolkit x multi-tty make-network-process emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 67431 8716)
 (symbols 48 8201 1)
 (strings 32 23683 2264)
 (string-bytes 1 760970)
 (vectors 16 15596)
 (vector-slots 8 208549 48737)
 (floats 8 28 30)
 (intervals 56 230 0)
 (buffers 992 11))

-- 
Google Germany GmbH
Erika-Mann-Straße 33
80636 München

Geschäftsführer: Paul Manicle, Liana Sebastian
Registergericht und -nummer: Hamburg, HRB 86891
Sitz der Gesellschaft: Hamburg

Diese E-Mail ist vertraulich.  Falls Sie diese fälschlicherweise erhalten haben
sollten, leiten Sie diese bitte nicht an jemand anderes weiter, löschen Sie
alle Kopien und Anhänge davon und lassen Sie mich bitte wissen, dass die E-Mail
an die falsche Person gesendet wurde.

This e-mail is confidential.  If you received this communication by mistake,
please don’t forward it to anyone else, please erase all copies and
attachments, and please let me know that it has gone to the wrong person.