Subject: Subject: 23.1.90; Glasses mode interferes with motion by screen line

From: Sam Varner <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 17 Jan 2010 21:14:46 -0500

This bug report will be sent to the Free Software Foundation,
not to your local site managers!
Please write in English if possible, because the Emacs maintainers
usually do not have translators to read other languages for them.

Your bug report will be posted to the [email-masked] mailing
list,
and to the gnu.emacs.bug news group.

Please describe exactly what actions triggered the bug
and the precise symptoms of the bug.  If you can, give
a recipe starting from `emacs -Q':

After `emacs -Q', type `M-x glasses-mode'.  Fill the width of the screen
with lowercase characters.  With the cursor in the right margin, type an
uppercase character.  The glasses separator (underscore) is shown in
column 0 of the continued line.  Go to the beginning of the line (C-a)
and try to go to the next screen line (C-n).  The cursor doesn't move
and "Args out of range: 0" appears in the modeline.  The "*Messages*"
buffer gets "line-move-visual: Args out of range: 0".

If Emacs crashed, and you have the Emacs process in the gdb debugger,
please include the output from the following gdb commands:
    `bt full' and `xbacktrace'.
For information about debugging Emacs, please read the file
/usr/share/emacs/23.1.90/etc/DEBUG.

In GNU Emacs 23.1.90.1 (x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 2.18.5)
 of 2009-12-27 on nico
Windowing system distributor `The X.Org Foundation', version
11.0.10605000
configured using `configure  '--prefix=/usr'
'--build=x86_64-pc-linux-gnu' '--host=x86_64-pc-linux-gnu'
'--mandir=/usr/share/man' '--infodir=/usr/share/info'
'--datadir=/usr/share' '--sysconfdir=/etc' '--localstatedir=/var/lib'
'--libdir=/usr/lib64' '--program-suffix=-emacs-23-vcs'
'--infodir=/usr/share/info/emacs-23-vcs' '--with-sound' '--with-x'
'--without-gconf' '--with-toolkit-scroll-bars' '--with-gif'
'--with-jpeg' '--with-png' '--with-rsvg' '--with-tiff' '--with-xpm'
'--with-xft' '--without-libotf' '--without-m17n-flt'
'--with-x-toolkit=gtk' '--without-hesiod' '--without-kerberos'
'--without-kerberos5' '--with-gpm' '--with-dbus'
'build_alias=x86_64-pc-linux-gnu' 'host_alias=x86_64-pc-linux-gnu'
'CFLAGS=-march=athlon64 -O2 -pipe' 'LDFLAGS=-Wl,-O1''

Important settings:
  value of $LC_ALL: en_US
  value of $LC_COLLATE: nil
  value of $LC_CTYPE: nil
  value of $LC_MESSAGES: nil
  value of $LC_MONETARY: nil
  value of $LC_NUMERIC: nil
  value of $LC_TIME: nil
  value of $LANG: en_US
  value of $XMODIFIERS: nil
  locale-coding-system: iso-latin-1-unix
  default enable-multibyte-characters: t

Major mode: Lisp Interaction

Minor modes in effect:
  glasses-mode: t
  show-paren-mode: t
  server-mode: t
  iswitchb-mode: t
  desktop-save-mode: t
  cua-mode: t
  auto-insert-mode: t
  auto-image-file-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  global-auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  column-number-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Recent input:
<down> <down-mouse-1> <mouse-1> M-x l i s p SPC i n 
t <tab> <return> <up> <up> <up> <left> <left> <left> 
<down> <right> <down> <down> <down> <up> <up> <up> 
<down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <return> <return> 
<return> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> C-k 
C-k C-k C-k C-k C-k C-k C-k C-k - - - - - - - - - - 
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - <backspace> <backspace> 
<backspace> <backspace> <backspace> <backspace> <backspace> 
<backspace> <backspace> <backspace> <backspace> <backspace> 
<backspace> <backspace> <backspace> <backspace> <backspace> 
<backspace> <backspace> <backspace> <backspace> <backspace> 
<backspace> <backspace> <backspace> <backspace> <backspace> 
<backspace> o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o 
o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o 
o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o 
o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o f <backspace> F 
o o o o o o <backspace> <backspace> <backspace> <backspace> 
<backspace> <backspace> <backspace> <backspace> <backspace> 
M-x g l a s s <tab> <return> o o F o o <return> <down> 
<up> <up> <up> <down> <down> <up> <up> <right> <left> 
<down> <down-mouse-1> <mouse-1> <help-echo> C-x d / 
u <tab> s <backspace> l o c <tab> p o r <tab> <return> 
<f2> / e t c <tab> m a k e - <backspace> . c <tab> 
<return> C-s C-g <down-mouse-1> <mouse-1> C-x k <return> 
C-x k <return> <down-mouse-1> <mouse-1> M-x r e p o 
r t <tab> b <tab> <return>

Recent messages:
Directory /home/samv/Desktop/Downloads/guile/ [2 times]
Glasses mode enabled
Symbol's function definition is void: c-subword-mode
Mark set
line-move-visual: Args out of range: 0 [2 times]
Glasses mode enabled
line-move-visual: Args out of range: 0
Note: file is write protected
View mode: type C-h for help, h for commands, q to quit.
Quit

Load-path shadows:
/home/samv/programs/emacs-lisp/trace
hides /usr/share/emacs/23.1.90/lisp/emacs-lisp/trace

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr message idna sendmail ecomplete rfc822 mml
mml-sec password-cache mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mailcap mail-parse
rfc2231 rfc2047 rfc2045 qp ietf-drums mailabbrev nnheader gnus-util
netrc mm-util mail-prsvr gmm-utils mailheader canlock sha1 hex-util
hashcash mail-utils emacsbug glasses help-mode grep multi-isearch
make-mode conf-mode newcomment org-wl org-w3m org-vm org-rmail org-mhe
org-mew org-irc org-jsinfo org-infojs org-html org-exp org-exp-blocks
org-agenda org-info org-gnus org-bibtex org-bbdb org org-footnote
org-src org-list org-faces org-compat org-macs time-date noutline
outline easy-mmode autoconf-mode parse-time vc-cvs sh-script executable
flyspell ispell sgml-mode nxml-uchnm rng-xsd xsd-regexp rng-cmpct
rng-nxml rng-valid rng-loc rng-uri rng-parse nxml-parse rng-match rng-dt
rng-util rng-pttrn nxml-ns nxml-mode nxml-outln nxml-rap nxml-util
nxml-glyph nxml-enc xmltok css-mode vc-git w3m-form w3m-symbol mule-util
w3m-bookmark w3m-tabmenu w3m-session w3m doc-view image-mode timezone
w3m-hist w3m-fb w3m-ems wid-edit w3m-ccl ccl w3m-favicon w3m-image
w3m-proc w3m-util browse-url sphere-lite view cc-mode cc-fonts cc-menus
cc-cmds cc-styles cc-align cc-engine cc-vars cc-defs info dired quack
thingatpt easymenu compile cmuscheme comint ring scheme jka-compr
saveplace uniquify which-func imenu paren server iswitchb desktop
cua-base autoinsert image-file cus-start cus-load byte-opt bytecomp
byte-compile advice help-fns advice-preload check string-library
generic-x site-gentoo slime-autoloads w3m-load mmm-auto mmm-vars
mmm-compat regexp-opt cl cl-19 tex-site tooltip ediff-hook vc-hooks
lisp-float-type mwheel x-win x-dnd font-setting tool-bar dnd fontset
image fringe lisp-mode register page menu-bar rfn-eshadow timer select
scroll-bar mldrag mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax facemenu font-core
frame cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai
tai-viet lao korean japanese hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european
ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help
simple abbrev loaddefs button minibuffer faces cus-face files
text-properties overlay md5 base64 format env code-pages mule custom
widget hashtable-print-readable backquote make-network-process dbusbind
font-render-setting gtk x-toolkit x multi-tty emacs)