Subject: [bug#54088] [PATCH 0/2] julia-build-system: Add missing julia-pkg-deps

From: zimoun <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 23 Feb 2022 14:44:43 +0100

Hi Efraim,

On Mon, 21 Feb 2022 at 14:47, Efraim Flashner <[email-masked]> wrote:

> It turns out we didn't expose julia-package-dependencies in the
> julia-build-system, making the created Package.toml incomplete. This
> corrects the omission and fixes the one package where it is manually
> added.

All LGTM.  But I take this opportunity to uniform, as discussed:

        It's definitely the new pattern we're using now. I suppose it's
        not really necessary here, but having more instances of it
        throughout the codebase also makes it easier to search for
        examples when others are looking to use or modify gexps.

        <https://issues.guix.gnu.org/issue/53656#4-lineno49>

The first patch of the series uses G-exps.  Note that it does not imply
any rebuild.

The Julia build system is adapted for the new
'julia-package-dependencies' and so it requires the minor tweak to
default with ''() instead of #f; otherwise it crashes for some packages.

Since we are at it, I fix a minor typo of how Julia uses --procs.  Other
said, currently "guix build julia-media -c 0" works but not "guix build
julia-media -c 1" which crashes.

Because the build system modifications imply a full Julia rebuild, let
take the opportunity to remove the trailing #t.  It is done package per
package because each modified package need a rebuild so it eases to
follow, IMHO.  They can be squashed otherwise.

Cheers,
simon