Subject: Re: bug#54084: 28.0.91; Regression: can't create empty image buffer

From: Corwin Brust <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 21 Feb 2022 08:16:11 -0600

On Mon, Feb 21, 2022 at 8:00 AM Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]> wrote:
>
> [Please use Reply All, so that the bug tracker remains on the CC.]

Sorry about that.

> > From: Corwin Brust <[email-masked]>
> > Date: Mon, 21 Feb 2022 07:41:36 -0600
> >
> > Is there a way to disable this feature?
>
> Why is that needed?  Turning on image-mode in an empty buffer is a
> pretty strange thing to do, or at least a rare thing.

Noted, thanks.  FTR, for dungeon I have several modes that are derived
from image-mode, e.g. for displaying graphical character sheets,
combat status information, and maps.  I also have a point-and-click
drawing mode for creating/editing "tile-sets" and composing (e.g.)
maps for dungeon levels using these "named SVG fragments".

>
> Can't you use ignore-errors?
>
> How about delaying the mode switch until the user inserted something?

I will look into these options. (So far, the change you made seems to
have all my stuff working again per the release branch.)