Subject: bug#54082: bugreport

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 21 Feb 2022 08:51:06 +0100

Hi!

I just noticed an error in my initial message.

The mentioned 'reconfigure' in the VM did not happen after the 'pull',
but before (I did not expect being on an 'old' commit, right after
entering the 'fresh' machine for the first time, so I thought this
might help -- that's how I found the 'bug').

However, the situation persists also pulling to 6cae4e.

Might this have something to do with 'guix system image' deliberatly
starting with guix a27e4?  After running the initial command as user (I
see guix a27e4 being pulled there):

image=$(guix system image --image-type=qcow2 --image-size=10G --save-
provenance vm-configs/nextcloud-barebone.scm)

A second execution of this command from the (updated) root guix, there
does not seem to happen any computation, which I would expect if it
would pull another guix.

Sorry for the possibly misleading intro & best,
Daniel