Subject: bug#54079: 29.0.50; Method dispatching eratically fails

From: Michael Heerdegen <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 21 Feb 2022 05:21:11 +0100

Stefan Monnier via "Bug reports for GNU Emacs, the Swiss army knife of
text editors" <[email-masked]> writes:

> Can you show the actual code (the bodies of the `cl-defmethod`s aren't
> important, but the TYPE part could,

The TYPE parts all simply look like

  (val my-command-register)

where my-command-register is defined with `cl-defstruct'.

> or maybe if they're inside something
> else (maybe an `eval-and-compile` or something like that?))?

Some definitions are wrapped in a lambda and pushed to
`after-init-hook' using this macro:

(defmacro after-init (&rest args)
  `(add-hook 'after-init-hook (lambda () ,@args) 'append))

The others things are top-level definitions.

> What does `type-of` return on VAL?

Will answer that when it happens the next time.

Michael.