Subject: [bug#54078] [PATCH] gnu: add libaml, libneatvnc, and wayvnc

From: Maxime Devos <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 23 Feb 2022 20:15:09 +0100

kitzman schreef op wo 23-02-2022 om 20:57 [+0200]:
> Instead of copying the repo's description, now there are some
> functionalities of the library. However, it is unknown if they work
> with
> all clients. Do you think it's worth mentioning?

Different interpretations of the specifications and bugs causing
server-client incompatibilities, and clients not making use of all the
features offered by the server, is always possible.  As such, I don't
think documenting incompatibilities in the description of servers is
very meaningful (YMMV; I would accept a description mentioning
incompatibilities FWIW).

It might be interesting to document these features (or lack of
features) in the descriptions of the clients though.  E.g., encryption
can be very important, so if a client doesn't support that, that might
be good to mention in the description of the package of the client. 
SSH tunneling does not seem to be ‘core’ functionality of VNC but
rather an extra, so that also seems useful to document in the client.

(TBC, this is only superficial review, and I'm not a committer.)

Greetings,
Maxime