Subject: [bug#54078] [PATCH 2/3] gnu: add libneatvnc

From: Maxime Devos <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 21 Feb 2022 14:22:18 +0100

kitzman via Guix-patches via schreef op ma 21-02-2022 om 10:11 [+0200]:
> +    (native-inputs
> +     (list pkg-config libdrm))

Looking at 'src/tight.c', 'libdrm' looks like a regular input to me,
not a native-input.  It needs to be in inputs, otherwise the cross-
compiler won't find libdrm's header when src/tight.c is being cross-
compiled.

> +    (propagated-inputs
> +     (list libglvnd libxkbcommon pixman libaml gnutls libjpeg-turbo
> zlib))

Is propagation necessary here?  Would regular inputs suffice?
(Propagation can cause propagation conflicts and other issues.)

> +    (home-page "https://github.com/any1/neatvnc")
> +    (synopsis "VNC server library that's intended to be fast and
> neat")
> +    (description "This is a liberally licensed VNC server library
> that's intended to be fast and neat.")

‘Liberally licensed’: the package definition has a 'license' field
that should be sufficient for the user to determine if they like the
license or not.  Also, please keep the descriptions descriptive, no
marketing phrases ‘liberal’, ‘fast, and ‘neat’ (from (guix)Synopses and
Descriptions):

  Please avoid marketing phrases such as “world-leading”,
  “industrial-strength”, and “next-generation”, and avoid superlatives
  like “the most advanced”—they are not helpful to users looking for a
  package and may even sound suspicious.  Instead, try to be factual,
  mentioning use cases and features.

Greetings,
Maxime.