Subject: bug#54077: closed (Re: bug#54077: What does "sequel" mean in the CODE-OF-CONDUCT)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Mon, 07 Mar 2022 08:46:02 +0000

Your bug report

#54077: What does "sequel" mean in the CODE-OF-CONDUCT

which was filed against the guix package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
54077: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=54077
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#54077: What does "sequel" mean in the CODE-OF-CONDUCT
From: Ludovic Courtès <[email-masked]>
To: Maxim Cournoyer <[email-masked]>
Cc: Vagrant Cascadian <[email-masked]>, Maxime Devos <[email-masked]>, Tobias Geerinckx-Rice <[email-masked]>, [email-masked], [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 07 Mar 2022 09:45:42 +0100
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Hi!

This issue became obsolete with the ‘CODE-OF-CONDUCT’ update in
4254d74b4ca6d4aa78b7fa055fc9ec72a2e93ad3; closing!

Ludo’.

Subject: What does "sequel" mean in the CODE-OF-CONDUCT
From: Vagrant Cascadian <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 20 Feb 2022 12:26:19 -0800
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

In the CODE-OF-CONDUCT, I see the phrase:

  Note: In the sequel, "project" refers to GNU Guix, and "project
  maintainer(s)" refers to maintainer(s) of GNU Guix.

What does "the sequel" refer to?

Maybe something more like "Note: In this document, ..." ?

Maybe the intended meaning is lost in translation, or it is some turn of
phrase I am unfamiliar with? It is confusing to me as a native en_US
speaker, at least.

live well,
  vagrant