Subject: Re: bug#54071: fix incompatible arity change help-fns

From: Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 20 Feb 2022 19:29:05 +0100

Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]> writes:

>> A recent change changed the arity of this function, braking
>> callers that pass 2 arguments.
>> 
>> This function was called from the excellent package helpful.el
>> which throws a lisp error now
>
> How come an internal function is called outside Emacs?

Yes, I think this is a bug that should be reported to the helpful.el
maintainer(s).  Internal Emacs functions will change signatures (or
cease to exist) without warning, so they shouldn't be used by external
packages.

So I don't think there's anything to be done here in Emacs, and I'm
therefore closing this bug report.

-- 
(domestic pets only, the antidote for overdose, milk.)
   bloggy blog: http://lars.ingebrigtsen.no