Subject: Re: [bug#54069] [PATCH v2 3/4] gnu: libosinfo: Unbundle usb.ids, pci.ids.

From: Ludovic Courtès <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 27 Feb 2022 22:23:19 +0100

Hello!

Maxime Devos <[email-masked]> skribis:

> (define libosinfo-new
>   (package
>     (inherit (specification->package "libosinfo"))
>     (arguments
>       (list #:configure-flags
>             #~(let* ((inputs #$this-package-native-input-list)
>                      (usb.ids (search-input-file inputs "/share/hwdata/usb.ids"))
>                      (pci.ids (search-input-file inputs "/share/hwdata/pci.ids")))
>                 (list (string-append "-Dwith-usb-ids-path=" usb.ids)
>                       (string-append "-Dwith-pci-ids-path=" pci.ids)))

I think this is equivalent to:

  #~(let* ((inputs #$(input-tuples->gexp (package-inputs this-package)))
           …)
      …)

Am I right?

However, that looks a bit far-fetched to me.

Can’t we instead do:

  #~(let* ((usb.ids (string-append #$hwdata:usb "/share/hwdata/usb.ids"))
           (pci.ids (string-append #$hwdata:pci "/share/hwdata/pci.ids")))
      …)

?

Ludo’.