Subject: bug#54069: closed (Re: bug#54069: [PATCH 0/2] gnu: pciutils: Unbundle pci.ids and use latest.)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Wed, 23 Mar 2022 02:15:02 +0000

Your bug report

#54069: [PATCH 0/2] gnu: pciutils: Unbundle pci.ids and use latest.

which was filed against the guix-patches package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
54069: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=54069
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#54069: [PATCH 0/2] gnu: pciutils: Unbundle pci.ids and use latest.
From: Maxim Cournoyer <[email-masked]>
To: Brendan Tildesley <[email-masked]>
Cc: John Kehayias <[email-masked]>, Ludovic Courtès <[email-masked]>, [email-masked], Maxime Devos <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 22 Mar 2022 22:14:12 -0400
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Hi!

Brendan Tildesley <[email-masked]> writes:

> * gnu/packages/virtualization.scm (libosinfo):
> [arguments]: Use Gexp style. Use hwdata package for latest usb.ids and
> pci.ids.
> [inputs]: Add hwdata:pci, hwdata:usb. remove pci.ids, usb.ids origins.
> Use new input style.

I've squashed the modified the libosinfo patches a little bit, updated
it to 1.10.0, and made some other small adjustments, and pushed the
hwdata and libosinfo patches as
4b3b873344eb78a4cd96742e4035b39cbec79577.

Thank you!

Closing.

Maxim

Subject: [PATCH 0/2] gnu: pciutils: Unbundle pci.ids and use latest.
From: Brendan Tildesley <[email-masked]>
To: "[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 20 Feb 2022 10:53:51 +0100 (CET)
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Completely untested but I needed pci.ids for something and discovered pciutils bundles an old version so I made this patch as something of a suggestion. Looks like it would be a core-updates change.