Subject: bug#54061: closed (Re: bug#54061: thermald-2.4.7 build fail following upower update to 0.99.15)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Wed, 02 Mar 2022 17:04:02 +0000

Your bug report

#54061: thermald-2.4.7 build fail following upower update to 0.99.15

which was filed against the guix package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
54061: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=54061
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#54061: thermald-2.4.7 build fail following upower update to 0.99.15
From: Ludovic Courtès <[email-masked]>
To: Maxime Devos <[email-masked]>
Cc: Guillaume Le Vaillant <[email-masked]>, [email-masked], Paul Jewell <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 02 Mar 2022 18:03:37 +0100
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Hi,

Maxime Devos <[email-masked]> skribis:

> From d066a7dcd11757fb19edc79028104f7dbcffeab1 Mon Sep 17 00:00:00 2001
> From: Maxime Devos <[email-masked]>
> Date: Sat, 19 Feb 2022 14:52:17 +0000
> Subject: [PATCH 2/2] gnu: thermald: Fix build failure.
>
> * gnu/packages/admin.scm (thermald)[arguments]<#:configure-flags>: Add
> '--disable-werror'.
>
> Fixes: <https://issues.guix.gnu.org/54061>
> Reported-by: Paul Jewell <[email-masked]>

Guillaume fixed it independently in commit
73db69bea15e390a31289fdfadb1d5b9a7d13557.

Closing!

Ludo’.

Subject: thermald-2.4.7 build fail following upower update to 0.99.15
From: Paul Jewell <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 18 Feb 2022 17:07:32 +0000
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

When building thermald-2.4.7, I am getting a build failure:

------------8<---------------------
src/thd_engine_adaptive.cpp: In member function ‘int 
cthd_engine_adaptive::evaluate_lid_condition(condition)’:
src/thd_engine_adaptive.cpp:1002:61: error: ‘gboolean 
up_client_get_lid_is_closed(UpClient*)’ is deprecated 
[-Werror=deprecated-declarations
]

------------8<---------------------

According to jpoiret (via IRC), this is due to the upower update from 
0.99.13 to 0.99.15, and the marking of the "up_client_get_lid_is_closed" 
function as deprecated.

I am not sure where the compiler flag setting is made turning this 
warning into an error. I have no configuration in my system config which 
could be doing this (at least not explicitly).