Subject: Re: bug#54057: epiphany: error while loading libwebkit2gtk cannot read file data

From: Jack Hill <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 18 Feb 2022 15:22:14 -0500 (EST)

On Fri, 18 Feb 2022, Liliana Marie Prikler wrote:

> Hmm, webkit changed some 15 hours ago [1].  CCing lfam to have a look
> at this too.  Jack, does the parent commit [2] still work for you?
>
> [1]
> http://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/guix.git/commit/?id=f47125d2868315acc40379c8e859fb60d6942dad
> [2]
> http://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/guix.git/commit/?id=1d1a4efd8cdac3757792cfbae92440edc5c3a802

Yep, `$ guix time-machine --commit=1d1a4efd8cdac3757792cfbae92440edc5c3a802 -- shell epiphany -- epiphany`
seems to open a browser window and can browse at least one webpage. I do 
see messages like,

```
/run/current-system/profile/lib/gio/modules/libgioremote-volume-monitor.so: file too short
Failed to load module: /run/current-system/profile/lib/gio/modules/libgioremote-volume-monitor.so
/run/current-system/profile/lib/gio/modules/libgvfsdbus.so: file too short
Failed to load module: /run/current-system/profile/lib/gio/modules/libgvfsdbus.so
/run/current-system/profile/lib/gio/modules/libgioremote-volume-monitor.so: file too short
Failed to load module: /run/current-system/profile/lib/gio/modules/libgioremote-volume-monitor.so
/run/current-system/profile/lib/gio/modules/libgvfsdbus.so: file too short
Failed to load module: /run/current-system/profile/lib/gio/modules/libgvfsdbus.so
```

printed to the consol though. My system has been reconfigured with the 
same commit that I originally reported.

Best,
Jack