Subject: 29.0.50; latest master build with lucid crashes

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 18 Feb 2022 11:29:40 +0800

I can reliably reproduce this issue on my desktop running i3 on X11.

1. run emacs with "emacs -Q"
2. M-x server-start
3. opens a terminal emulator and make it full screen (which covers the
emacs frame)
4. run "emacsclient -c"
5. emacs crashes

Unfortunately I can't get backtrace from `./src/emacs -q -xrm
'Emacs.synchronous: true' since it hangs forever after doing the above
steps.

Here is backtrace from running `gdb --args ./src/emacs -Q`: https://pastebin.com/UmBNMwC1

In GNU Emacs 29.0.50 (build 3, x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, X toolkit, cairo version 1.16.0, Xaw scroll bars)
 of 2022-02-17 built on lagann
Repository revision: 74c07733698b95eb455edcafab8634a700a3194f
Repository branch: master
Windowing system distributor 'The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.12101003
System Description: Gentoo/Linux

Configured using:
 'configure --with-x-toolkit=lucid'

Configured features:
ACL CAIRO DBUS FREETYPE GIF GLIB GMP GNUTLS GPM GSETTINGS HARFBUZZ JPEG
JSON LCMS2 LIBXML2 MODULES NOTIFY INOTIFY PDUMPER PNG RSVG SECCOMP SOUND
SQLITE3 THREADS TIFF TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS WEBP X11 XDBE XIM XPM LUCID
ZLIB

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: zh_TW.utf8
  value of $XMODIFIERS: @im=fcitx
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Fundamental

Minor modes in effect:
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  show-paren-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  tool-bar-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  buffer-read-only: t
  line-number-mode: t
  indent-tabs-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr emacsbug message mailcap yank-media rmc puny
dired dired-loaddefs rfc822 mml mml-sec password-cache epa derived epg
rfc6068 epg-config gnus-util text-property-search time-date seq gv
subr-x byte-opt bytecomp byte-compile cconv mm-decode mm-bodies
mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231 mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader cl-loaddefs
cl-lib sendmail rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums mm-util mail-prsvr mail-utils
china-util iso-transl tooltip eldoc paren electric uniquify ediff-hook
vc-hooks lisp-float-type elisp-mode mwheel term/x-win x-win
term/common-win x-dnd tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt fringe
tabulated-list replace newcomment text-mode lisp-mode prog-mode register
page tab-bar menu-bar rfn-eshadow isearch easymenu timer select
scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax font-core term/tty-colors
frame minibuffer cl-generic cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang
vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese eucjp-ms cp51932
hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian cyrillic
chinese composite emoji-zwj charscript charprop case-table epa-hook
jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev obarray cl-preloaded nadvice button
loaddefs faces cus-face macroexp files window text-properties overlay
sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule custom widget keymap
hashtable-print-readable backquote threads dbusbind inotify lcms2
dynamic-setting system-font-setting font-render-setting cairo x-toolkit
x multi-tty make-network-process emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 43473 8107)
 (symbols 48 5695 1)
 (strings 32 16487 1555)
 (string-bytes 1 521378)
 (vectors 16 12457)
 (vector-slots 8 313639 40445)
 (floats 8 23 26)
 (intervals 56 225 0)
 (buffers 992 11))