Subject: bug#54040: 29.0.50; Text becomes blurry on PGTK/Wayland

From: Andrew Cohen <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 17 Mar 2022 09:44:29 +0800

>>>>> "PL" == Po Lu <[email-masked]> writes:

[...]

    PL> On my system, calling cairo_surface_create_similar and copying
    PL> from that always results in the contents copied being fully
    PL> opaque.

    PL> Maybe you are using some different GDK visual class?  Sadly, I
    PL> don't know how to extract that information on Wayland, but it
    PL> should be somewhere inside the GTK inspector (evaluate
    PL> "(x-gtk-debug") for it to show up.)

That's only defined in xfns.c which isn't built for pgtk; took me
awhile to get it enabled :)

I'm looking at the inspector and trying to find it. Under the "General"
tab I find:

RGBA visual (check mark)

Nothing else obvious (under the "Visual" tab there is nothing
relevant---its mostly  info like icon theme, animations, etc)

Sorry for not finding anything more helpful.

-- 
Andrew Cohen