Subject: Re: bug#54040: 29.0.50; Text becomes blurry on PGTK/Wayland

From: Po Lu <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 19 Feb 2022 08:59:13 +0800

Thomas Jost <[email-masked]> writes:

> Sadly that doesn't seem to be it: scale is 1 on my external monitor, and
> 2 on the internal one.
>
> I've tried to log many other things (src_rect and dst_rect size and
> positions, frame pixel_width and text_width, pgtk_output preferred_width
> and _height, cr_surface_desired_width and _height, gdk_window width and
> height)... and there's no difference between before I resize the frame,
> and after I resize it. Yet, once I've resized it, the problem
> disappears.

What happens if you replace:

  scale = gtk_widget_get_scale_factor (FRAME_GTK_WIDGET (f));
  cairo_surface_set_device_scale (surface, scale, scale);

With:

  cairo_surface_set_device_scale (surface, 1, 1);

But aside from that stab in the dark, I'm really clueless as to what
might be happening.  Thanks.