Subject: Re: bug#54040: 29.0.50; Text becomes blurry on PGTK/Wayland

From: Thomas Jost <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 18 Feb 2022 18:07:37 +0100

Le 18 février 2022 à 18:15 +08, Po Lu a écrit :
> No, it's probably some edge case with GTK's device scaling we're bumping
> into when a frame partly extends (by one or two pixels) into the other
> monitor.
>
> Could you try to find the value of `scale' in `pgtk_copy_bits' when it
> is called with the frame potentially extended into the other monitor,
> perhaps by placing a breakpoint or inserting some print statements at
> line 2941 of pgtkterm.c?
>
> Thanks.

Sadly that doesn't seem to be it: scale is 1 on my external monitor, and
2 on the internal one.

I've tried to log many other things (src_rect and dst_rect size and
positions, frame pixel_width and text_width, pgtk_output preferred_width
and _height, cr_surface_desired_width and _height, gdk_window width and
height)... and there's no difference between before I resize the frame,
and after I resize it. Yet, once I've resized it, the problem
disappears.

-- 
Thomas