Subject: 29.0.50; doc-view cannot show different pages in different tabs

From: Visuwesh <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 17 Feb 2022 14:48:22 +0530

Pretty much the subject.

1. emacs -Q.
2. Open a pdf file.
3. Clone the tab using C-x t n.
4. Move to the next page (n).
5. Switch back to the original tab C-x t o.
6. The page is changed here too.

Expected: The original and the cloned tabs should show different pages,
just like how you can show different pages in different windows/frames.

[ FWIW, the same problem also exists with pdf-tools.  ]

In GNU Emacs 29.0.50 (build 1, x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, X toolkit, cairo version 1.16.0, Xaw scroll bars)
Repository revision: 58bb9eb4005599155a8fce8d5c5beb531a72c534
Repository branch: master
Windowing system distributor 'The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.12013000
System Description: NixOS 21.11 (Porcupine)

Configured using:
 'configure
 --prefix=/nix/store/0m0yw7b3zly74ljs3qmkblb780xg03id-emacs-git-20220130.0
 --disable-build-details --with-modules --with-x-toolkit=lucid
 --with-xft --with-cairo --with-native-compilation'

Configured features:
CAIRO DBUS FREETYPE GIF GLIB GMP GNUTLS GSETTINGS HARFBUZZ JPEG JSON
LIBOTF LIBSELINUX LIBSYSTEMD LIBXML2 M17N_FLT MODULES NATIVE_COMP NOTIFY
INOTIFY PDUMPER PNG RSVG SECCOMP SOUND SQLITE3 THREADS TIFF
TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS X11 XDBE XIM XPM LUCID ZLIB

Important settings:
  value of $EMACSLOADPATH:
  value of $EMACSNATIVELOADPATH: /nix/store/07cbjwzil3jfhyifj15h60k7yvixzqxs-emacs-packages-deps/share/emacs/native-lisp::
  value of $LC_MONETARY: ta_IN.UTF-8
  value of $LC_NUMERIC: ta_IN.UTF-8
  value of $LANG: en_GB.UTF-8
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Shell

Minor modes in effect:
  recentf-mode: t
  eros-mode: t
  pdf-occur-global-minor-mode: t
  minibuffer-depth-indicate-mode: t
  repeat-mode: t
  display-time-mode: t
  display-battery-mode: t
  straight-use-package-mode: t
  straight-package-neutering-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  show-paren-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  tab-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  indent-tabs-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
/home/viz/.nix-profile/share/emacs/site-lisp/site-start hides /nix/store/07cbjwzil3jfhyifj15h60k7yvixzqxs-emacs-packages-deps/share/emacs/site-lisp/site-start
/home/viz/lib/emacs/straight/build/map/map hides /nix/store/0m0yw7b3zly74ljs3qmkblb780xg03id-emacs-git-20220130.0/share/emacs/29.0.50/lisp/emacs-lisp/map
/home/viz/lib/emacs/straight/build/let-alist/let-alist hides /nix/store/0m0yw7b3zly74ljs3qmkblb780xg03id-emacs-git-20220130.0/share/emacs/29.0.50/lisp/emacs-lisp/let-alist

Features:
(vc-mtn vc-hg vc-bzr vc-src vc-sccs vc-svn vc-cvs vc-rcs vc calc-rewr
cl-print completion misc expand-region subword-mode-expansions
text-mode-expansions cc-mode-expansions the-org-mode-expansions
er-basic-expansions expand-region-core expand-region-custom
flymake-shellcheck sh-script calc-prog calc-incom calc-undo calc-stuff
calcalg2 calccomp calc-misc calc-arith calc-math calc-alg latexenc
ox-odt rng-loc rng-uri rng-parse rng-match rng-dt rng-util rng-pttrn
nxml-parse nxml-ns nxml-enc xmltok nxml-util ox-latex ox-icalendar
ox-html table ox-ascii ox-publish ox cdlatex math-delimiters cus-start
texmathp cal-iso image-file image-converter org-colview shadow emacsbug
ind-util man cap-words superword subword nix-mode ffap smie nix-repl
nix-shell nix-store magit-section nix-instantiate nix-shebang nix-format
nix shell-command+ epa-file org-datetree thai-util thai-word tabify
org-capture doct descr-text timezone dabbrev wdired siege-mode
cursor-sensor valign comp comp-cstr hippie-exp calc-map calc-stat
calc-vec calc-ext calc-menu calc-aent calc calc-loaddefs rect calc-macs
writegood-mode org-agenda cal-islam holidays hol-loaddefs mule-util
cal-move dictionary dictionary-connection lacarte dired-aux nndoc crm
bug-reference xref pdf-sync pdf-outline pdf-links pdf-history icomplete
pulse elec-pair org-pdftools pdf-annot facemenu org-noter org-refile
org-indent org-element avl-tree generator ob-C cc-mode cc-fonts cc-guess
cc-menus cc-cmds cc-styles cc-align cc-engine cc-vars cc-defs ob-shell
ob-racket async ob-async tempo ol-eww ol-rmail ol-mhe ol-irc ol-info
ol-gnus nnselect gnus-search eieio-opt speedbar ezimage dframe
ol-docview doc-view ol-bibtex ol-bbdb ol-w3m ol-doi org-link-doi org ob
ob-tangle ob-ref ob-lob ob-table ob-exp org-macro org-footnote org-src
ob-comint org-pcomplete org-list org-faces org-entities org-version
ob-emacs-lisp ob-core ob-eval org-table oc-basic bibtex ol org-keys oc
org-compat org-macs org-loaddefs ement-room-list ement ement-notify
notifications ement-room ewoc ement-api ement-structs ement-macros plz
dns ts s dash face-remap view time-stamp shortdoc help-fns radix-tree
misearch multi-isearch reveal noutline outline recentf tree-widget
url-http url-gw url-cache url-auth eww xdg url-queue mm-url binhex
smerge-mode diff gnus-fun flow-fill gnutls network-stream nsm shr-color
color mm-archive nnfolder sendmail qp flyspell ispell goto-addr
ecomplete gnus-cite mail-extr textsec uni-scripts idna-mapping
ucs-normalize uni-confusable textsec-check gnus-async gnus-bcklg sort
gnus-ml nndraft nnmh nnmaildir nnagent nnml executable vc-git diff-mode
vc-dispatcher nnnil gnus-agent gnus-srvr gnus-score score-mode nnvirtual
gnus-msg gnus-art mm-uu mml2015 mm-view mml-smime smime dig nntp
gnus-cache gnus-sum shr pixel-fill kinsoku svg dom gnus-group gnus-undo
gnus-start gnus-dbus gnus-cloud nnimap nnmail mail-source utf7 netrc
nnoo parse-time iso8601 gnus-spec gnus-int gnus-range message yank-media
rmc puny rfc822 mml mml-sec epa epg rfc6068 epg-config mm-decode
mm-bodies mm-encode mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader gnus-win gnus
nnheader gnus-util mail-utils range shell pcomplete server paredit
edmacro kmacro eros time-date checkdoc lisp-mnt mail-parse rfc2231
rfc2047 rfc2045 mm-util ietf-drums mail-prsvr flymake-proc flymake
project warnings thingatpt hl-todo writegood-mode-autoloads
wordel-autoloads sokoban-autoloads ement-autoloads ts-autoloads
map-autoloads plz-autoloads nov-autoloads esxml-autoloads kv-autoloads
transmission-autoloads lua-mode-autoloads nix-mode-autoloads
magit-section-autoloads dash-autoloads racket-mode-autoloads
eros-autoloads flymake-shellcheck-autoloads avy avy-autoloads
siege-mode-autoloads paredit-autoloads puni-autoloads
expand-region-autoloads filladapt-autoloads compose quail
scroll-other-window org-pdftools-autoloads org-noter-autoloads
math-delimiters-autoloads doct-autoloads ob-async-autoloads
async-autoloads emacs-ob-racket-autoloads valign-autoloads
org-starless-autoloads cdlatex-autoloads auctex-autoloads tex-site
easy-mmode pdf-occur ibuf-ext ibuffer ibuffer-loaddefs tablist advice
tablist-filter semantic/wisent/comp semantic/wisent
semantic/wisent/wisent semantic/util-modes semantic/util semantic
semantic/tag semantic/lex semantic/fw mode-local find-func cedet
pdf-isearch let-alist pdf-misc imenu pdf-tools package browse-url url
url-proxy url-privacy url-expand url-methods url-history url-cookie
url-domsuf url-util mailcap url-handlers url-parse auth-source eieio
eieio-core eieio-loaddefs json map url-vars compile comint ansi-color
ring cus-edit wid-edit pdf-view password-cache jka-compr pdf-cache
pdf-info tq pdf-util pdf-macs image-mode dired-x dired dired-loaddefs
exif pdf-tools-autoloads let-alist-autoloads tablist-autoloads derived
mb-depth cus-load repeat visual-fill-autoloads olivetti-autoloads
hl-todo-autoloads time format-spec battery dbus filenotify xml
disp-table lacarte-autoloads shell-command-plus-autoloads rx icalendar
diary-lib diary-loaddefs cal-menu calendar cal-loaddefs
flymake-grammarly-autoloads grammarly-autoloads websocket-autoloads
finder-inf request-autoloads s-autoloads chemtable-autoloads
molar-mass-autoloads saveplace-pdf-view saveplace bookmark
text-property-search pp saveplace-pdf-view-autoloads pcase
straight-autoloads info cl-seq cl-extra help-mode straight cl-macs
cl-loaddefs cl-lib vz-nh-theme seq gv subr-x byte-opt bytecomp
byte-compile cconv iso-transl tooltip eldoc paren electric uniquify
ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type elisp-mode mwheel term/x-win x-win
term/common-win x-dnd tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt fringe
tabulated-list replace newcomment text-mode lisp-mode prog-mode register
page tab-bar menu-bar rfn-eshadow isearch easymenu timer select
scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax font-core term/tty-colors
frame minibuffer cl-generic cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang
vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese eucjp-ms cp51932
hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian cyrillic
chinese composite emoji-zwj charscript charprop case-table epa-hook
jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev obarray cl-preloaded nadvice button
loaddefs faces cus-face macroexp files window text-properties overlay
sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule custom widget keymap
hashtable-print-readable backquote threads dbusbind inotify
dynamic-setting system-font-setting font-render-setting cairo x-toolkit
x multi-tty make-network-process native-compile emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 2173612 796860)
 (symbols 48 62322 87)
 (strings 32 384571 53459)
 (string-bytes 1 164733736)
 (vectors 16 150975)
 (vector-slots 8 3649338 697381)
 (floats 8 120674 3482)
 (intervals 56 140293 16903)
 (buffers 992 113))