Subject: bug#54038: 29.0.50; doc-view cannot show different pages in different tabs

From: Visuwesh <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 18 Feb 2022 17:49:15 +0530

[வெள்ளி, பிப்ரவரி 18 2022] Juri Linkov wrote:

>> But, how can I get my desired behaviour tho?  If I create a new tab
>> using C-x t 2, it breaks doc-view in a different way.  I am finding it
>> hard to describe it in text, so I would appreciate it if you can try it
>> out for yourself: essentially, C-x t 2, and then try changing pages.
>> Doc-view doesn't show the correct image but the page number in the
>> modeline changes.
>
> Please try this patch with 'C-x t 2' (whereas 'C-x t n' will be fixed later).
> The problem is that when 'image-mode-winprops' does window cleanup,
> it doesn't take into account windows saved in tabs.
>

Doc-view is still broken here.  But now the tabs at least show different
pages but they break in a similar way as before.

Also, unfortunately, this completely breaks pdf-tools (one tab shows the
image, the other shows the raw PDF file).  Considering that it is in
NonGNU ELPA, it would be nice to ensure that it isn't broken.