Subject: bug#54033: Calibre's ebook-viewer only shows white-on-white or dark-on-dark.

From: Jacob MacDonald <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 3 Mar 2022 22:07:51 -0600

Jesse wrote:
> I do not know if this is specific to guix or a problem generally with Calibre 5.36.

As far as I can tell, it's a problem introduced by Guix, as I noticed
it occurring with Calibre 5.21. For what it's worth, I have the latest
working version that I can find installed.

guix time-machine --commit=b603554ed044638dd40b6863d5dada59eefe03b8 --
package -i calibre

Leo:

I've continued to attempt the last bisect I mentioned, but I'm bogged
down by repeated build errors that force me to skip more commits than
I can test. Is there a trick to building the commits which got merged
in; Do they not work with time-machine? The errors I'm seeing are of
the form:

guix time-machine: error: You found a bug: the program
'/gnu/store/mqhfdbrl834biajwq667fzsck344g09s-compute-guix-derivation'
failed to compute the derivation for Guix (version:
"b2b799e2d8330af934f48bf66afb5114addb4dd7"; system: "x86_64-linux";
host version: "1af78ab5e80b98d1914b85709c60fa7f9782e1db"; pull-version: 1).
Please report it by email to <[email-masked]>.

That latest failure seems to be related to tcsh, but that's not the
only derivation which has failed for me in the same way.