Subject: Fwd: bug#54033: Calibre's ebook-viewer only shows white-on-white or dark-on-dark.

From: Jacob MacDonald <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 19 Feb 2022 23:05:30 -0600

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: Jacob MacDonald <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, Feb 18, 2022 at 8:52 PM
Subject: Re: bug#54033: Calibre's ebook-viewer only shows
white-on-white or dark-on-dark.
To: Leo Famulari <[email-masked]>

On Thu, Feb 17, 2022 at 5:41 PM Leo Famulari <[email-masked]> wrote:
> Did you check if this bug has been reported upstream?

I gave the Launchpad a cursory check but wasn't able to find what I
was looking for.

In addition, I scrolled back through the Git history a ways and found
a commit that seems to have working Calibre at the same version.

$ guix time-machine --commit=9d25ee30b188f9202cc14f7cd25ba8a1c3ec1a72
-- package --show=calibre
name: calibre
version: 5.21.0
,,,

$ guix time-machine --commit=9d25ee30b188f9202cc14f7cd25ba8a1c3ec1a72
-- shell calibre -- ebook-viewer

brings up a working version of the reader.

Thank you for the information about the time-machine command.

I started to do a Git bisect on my copy of the repository, but found
that it was intractable to build the versions of Guix necessary. Part
of that seems to be related to some merges: Some of the candidate
commits had dates from 2020 on them and the candidate set was rather
large. Is there a smarter way to hunt down the commit where Calibre
broke?