Subject: FreeCAD: Unable to import STEP files

From: Jacob Hrbek <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 15 Feb 2022 14:56:39 +0000

Importing zipped STEP file: 15:50:27 Traceback (most recent call last):

File "<string>", line 1, in <module>

File
"/gnu/store/aps2s0h5l3a9w30qrsygpc0prhrmp5ap-python-shiboken-2-5.15.2/lib/python3.9/site-packages/shiboken2/files.dir/shibokensupport/__feature__.py",
line 142, in _import

return original_import(name, *args, **kwargs)

File
"/gnu/store/ixxbw9l65pdaa99xijmn8hwycvsshgv2-freecad-0.19.2/Mod/Arch/importSH3D.py",
line 27, in <module>

import
os,zipfile,xml.sax,FreeCAD,Part,Draft,Arch,Mesh,tempfile,math,Sketcher

File
"/gnu/store/aps2s0h5l3a9w30qrsygpc0prhrmp5ap-python-shiboken-2-5.15.2/lib/python3.9/site-packages/shiboken2/files.dir/shibokensupport/__feature__.py",
line 142, in _import

return original_import(name, *args, **kwargs)

File
"/gnu/store/ixxbw9l65pdaa99xijmn8hwycvsshgv2-freecad-0.19.2/Mod/Arch/Arch.py",
line 51, in <module>

from ArchWindow import *

File
"/gnu/store/aps2s0h5l3a9w30qrsygpc0prhrmp5ap-python-shiboken-2-5.15.2/l
ib/python3.9/site-packages/shiboken2/files.dir/shibokensupport/__feature__.py",
line 142, in _import

return original_import(name, *args, **kwargs)

File
"/gnu/store/ixxbw9l65pdaa99xijmn8hwycvsshgv2-freecad-0.19.2/Mod/Arch/ArchWindow.py",
line 30, in <module>

from PySide import QtCore, QtGui, QtSvg

File
"/gnu/store/aps2s0h5l3a9w30qrsygpc0prhrmp5ap-python-shiboken-2-5.15.2/lib/python3.9/site-packages/shiboken2/files.dir/shibokensupport/__feature__.py",
line 142, in _import

return original_import(name, *args, **kwargs)

File
"/gnu/store/ixxbw9l65pdaa99xijmn8hwycvsshgv2-freecad-0.19.2/Ext/PySide/QtSvg.py",
line 1, in <module>

from PySide2.QtSvg import *

File
"/gnu/store/aps2s0h5l3a9w30qrsygpc0prhrmp5ap-python-shiboken-2-5.15.2/lib/python3.9/site-packages/shiboken2/files.dir/shibokensupport/__feature__.py",
line 142, in _import

return original_import(name, *args, **kwargs)

<class 'ModuleNotFoundError'>: No module named 'PySide2.QtSvg'

Importi
ng extracted STEP file: 15:53:40 Traceback (most recent call last):

File "<string>", line 1, in <module>

File
"/gnu/store/aps2s0h5l3a9w30qrsygpc0prhrmp5ap-python-shiboken-2-5.15.2/lib/python3.9/site-packages/shiboken2/files.dir/shibokensupport/__feature__.py",
line 142, in _import

return original_import(name, *args, **kwargs)

<class 'ImportError'>:
/gnu/store/ixxbw9l65pdaa99xijmn8hwycvsshgv2-freecad-0.19.2/lib/Import.so:
undefined symbol:
_ZN3tbb6detail2r122cancel_group_executionERNS0_2d118task_group_contextE

Steps to reproduce: 1. Get the CAD/VORON2_v2.4_Assembly.step.zip from
https://github.com/VoronDesign/Voron-2 and try to import it to FreeCAD
ran using `guix shell freecad -- FreeCAD` 2. Get the
CAD/VORON2_v2.4_Assembly.step.zip from
https://github.com/VoronDesign/Voron-2, extract it so that you have the
unzipped STEP file and try to import it to FreeCAD ran using `guix shell
freecad -- FreeCAD` Expect failure above for both cases Expected: Just

work(TM) Hypothesis: Probably mising some runtime library, tried to use
`guix shell qtsvg python-pyside-2 freecad -- FreeCAD` without success

--
Jacob Hrbek, In support of ukraine sovereignty #supportUkraine