Subject: bug#54011: closed (Re: bug#54011: FreeCAD: Unable to import STEP files)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Fri, 18 Feb 2022 16:06:02 +0000

Your bug report

#54011: FreeCAD: Unable to import STEP files

which was filed against the guix package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
54011: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=54011
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#54011: FreeCAD: Unable to import STEP files
From: Guillaume Le Vaillant <[email-masked]>
To: Jacob Hrbek <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 18 Feb 2022 16:00:08 +0000
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Guillaume Le Vaillant <[email-masked]> skribis:

> When decompressing the zip file and importing the STEP file:
>
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>   File "<string>", line 1, in <module>
>   File "/gnu/store/cwfgf3xb2vfqckxqv196jz8xpbigxkqj-python-shiboken-2-5.15.2/lib/python3.9/site-packages/shiboken2/files.dir/shibokensupport/__feature__.py", line 142, in _import
>     return original_import(name, *args, **kwargs)
> <class 'ImportError'>: /gnu/store/pd0pxvnr3qdgcz37p80v6q8p0wk9xyfh-freecad-0.19.3-0.09a05a9/lib/Import.so: undefined symbol: _ZN3tbb6detail2r122cancel_group_executionERNS0_2d118task_group_contextE
>
> I guess now we have to find where
> '_ZN3tbb6detail2r122cancel_group_executionERNS0_2d118task_group_contextE'
> is coming from.

It was coming from the fact that the freecad package had the tbb package
as dependency, but it also depends on opencascade-occt which depends on
tbb-2020.
Fix pushed as 27a91b2f57bd0bf7efab77eaeb4b920f162bf8c8.

Subject: FreeCAD: Unable to import STEP files
From: Jacob Hrbek <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 15 Feb 2022 14:56:39 +0000
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Importing zipped STEP file: 15:50:27 Traceback (most recent call last):

File "<string>", line 1, in <module>

File
"/gnu/store/aps2s0h5l3a9w30qrsygpc0prhrmp5ap-python-shiboken-2-5.15.2/lib/python3.9/site-packages/shiboken2/files.dir/shibokensupport/__feature__.py",
line 142, in _import

return original_import(name, *args, **kwargs)

File
"/gnu/store/ixxbw9l65pdaa99xijmn8hwycvsshgv2-freecad-0.19.2/Mod/Arch/importSH3D.py",
line 27, in <module>

import
os,zipfile,xml.sax,FreeCAD,Part,Draft,Arch,Mesh,tempfile,math,Sketcher

File
"/gnu/store/aps2s0h5l3a9w30qrsygpc0prhrmp5ap-python-shiboken-2-5.15.2/lib/python3.9/site-packages/shiboken2/files.dir/shibokensupport/__feature__.py",
line 142, in _import

return original_import(name, *args, **kwargs)

File
"/gnu/store/ixxbw9l65pdaa99xijmn8hwycvsshgv2-freecad-0.19.2/Mod/Arch/Arch.py",
line 51, in <module>

from ArchWindow import *

File
"/gnu/store/aps2s0h5l3a9w30qrsygpc0prhrmp5ap-python-shiboken-2-5.15.2/l
ib/python3.9/site-packages/shiboken2/files.dir/shibokensupport/__feature__.py",
line 142, in _import

return original_import(name, *args, **kwargs)

File
"/gnu/store/ixxbw9l65pdaa99xijmn8hwycvsshgv2-freecad-0.19.2/Mod/Arch/ArchWindow.py",
line 30, in <module>

from PySide import QtCore, QtGui, QtSvg

File
"/gnu/store/aps2s0h5l3a9w30qrsygpc0prhrmp5ap-python-shiboken-2-5.15.2/lib/python3.9/site-packages/shiboken2/files.dir/shibokensupport/__feature__.py",
line 142, in _import

return original_import(name, *args, **kwargs)

File
"/gnu/store/ixxbw9l65pdaa99xijmn8hwycvsshgv2-freecad-0.19.2/Ext/PySide/QtSvg.py",
line 1, in <module>

from PySide2.QtSvg import *

File
"/gnu/store/aps2s0h5l3a9w30qrsygpc0prhrmp5ap-python-shiboken-2-5.15.2/lib/python3.9/site-packages/shiboken2/files.dir/shibokensupport/__feature__.py",
line 142, in _import

return original_import(name, *args, **kwargs)

<class 'ModuleNotFoundError'>: No module named 'PySide2.QtSvg'

Importi
ng extracted STEP file: 15:53:40 Traceback (most recent call last):

File "<string>", line 1, in <module>

File
"/gnu/store/aps2s0h5l3a9w30qrsygpc0prhrmp5ap-python-shiboken-2-5.15.2/lib/python3.9/site-packages/shiboken2/files.dir/shibokensupport/__feature__.py",
line 142, in _import

return original_import(name, *args, **kwargs)

<class 'ImportError'>:
/gnu/store/ixxbw9l65pdaa99xijmn8hwycvsshgv2-freecad-0.19.2/lib/Import.so:
undefined symbol:
_ZN3tbb6detail2r122cancel_group_executionERNS0_2d118task_group_contextE

Steps to reproduce: 1. Get the CAD/VORON2_v2.4_Assembly.step.zip from
https://github.com/VoronDesign/Voron-2 and try to import it to FreeCAD
ran using `guix shell freecad -- FreeCAD` 2. Get the
CAD/VORON2_v2.4_Assembly.step.zip from
https://github.com/VoronDesign/Voron-2, extract it so that you have the
unzipped STEP file and try to import it to FreeCAD ran using `guix shell
freecad -- FreeCAD` Expect failure above for both cases Expected: Just

work(TM) Hypothesis: Probably mising some runtime library, tried to use
`guix shell qtsvg python-pyside-2 freecad -- FreeCAD` without success

--
Jacob Hrbek, In support of ukraine sovereignty #supportUkraine