Subject: [bug#54000] [PATCH 0/2] Not showing upgraded/added packages in 'guix pull'

From: Liliana Marie Prikler <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 18 Feb 2022 10:20:36 +0100

Am Freitag, dem 18.02.2022 um 10:08 +0100 schrieb Ludovic Courtès:
> Hey comrades, hold your horses!  :-)
> 
> Since there’s a need for this, we can make ‘--details’ print package
> lists when combined with ‘--news’; it doesn’t cost us anything,
> that’s OK.
Regarding the issue simon raised w.r.t. --details implying -l, I think
--details should only imply listing the latest generation if -l is not
specified.  That way --news --details would (hopefully) work as I
intended, and specifying one without the other would only print that
part.

On a separate note, would/should guix describe be affected by this? 
Its output appear currently the same as `guix pull -l
$CURRENT_GENERATION', but I haven't tested this on a generation
including news.  My guess would be "no" as guix describe currently
doesn't accept --news.

Cheers