Subject: Re: [PATCH] [Guix-Days] website: Release conference schedule.

From: Liliana Marie Prikler <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 14 Feb 2022 21:48:39 +0100

Am Montag, dem 14.02.2022 um 15:22 +0100 schrieb Julien Lepiller:
> Hi Guix!
> 
> Here's the patch for artworks that adds the conference schedule. I
> want to push it tonight, so please comment quickly :)
My own prompt contains stuff that was only meant for slot securing and
I also had to cut a few things, so in order to avoid false advertising,
I'd propose a slight rewrite like

--8<---------------cut here---------------start------------->8---
Based on events that actually occurred, this talk shows how to
1. use Guix on a foreign distribution to get a configuration made on
Guix System running
2. use Guix' containerization to access files (and services) on a third
machine without modifying data on that machine (e.g. gratuitously
copying files to $HOME).

Guix is discussed as an alternative package manager similar to Flatpak
or Snap, along with reasons to choose it over other solutions
(particularly some "rarely" discussed UI reasons).
In addition, practical applications of Guix' sandboxed environments are
shown by the examples of
1. editing files with GNU Emacs while interacting with git through
libsecret
2. reading mail and accessing remote files with GNOME Online Accounts.

For wider context, this talk shows how Guix can help creating
manageable backups in the form of manifests.
--8<---------------cut here---------------end--------------->8---

WDYT?