Subject: [bug#53995] [PATCH] gnu: rbw: Update to 1.4.3

From: Maxime Devos <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 15 Feb 2022 09:45:49 +0100

Nicolas Graves schreef op di 15-02-2022 om 08:50 [+0100]:
> Hi Maxime,
> 
> Do you mean updating packages and adding packages ?
> 
> I added two packages because they were now needed for rbw:
> - rust-valuable-derive-0.1
> - rust-valuable-0.1
> 
> Also I (maybe questionnably) updated 2 packages that are used elsewhere :
> - rust-hyper-rustls-0.22 --> rust-hyper-rustls-0.23
> - rust-tokio-rustls-0.22 --> rust-tokio-rustls-0.23

I count at least 21 package updates.

> The sole "patch" I can see is that of rbw in rust-apps: the only change
> is the deletion of now unneeded "relax-requirements".

With 'patch', I meant 0001-gnu-rbw-Update-to-1.4.3.patch.

> Is it clearer ? What precisely can I split to ease the review ? Last
> time I contributed, I made ~40 patches for each individual package
> added, seemed too much.

To ease review, I recommend 1 patch per package update and 1 patch per
new package.  From (guix)Submitting Patches:

  13. Verify that your patch contains only one set of related changes.
      Bundling unrelated changes together makes reviewing harder and
      slower.

      Examples of unrelated changes include the addition of several
      packages, or a package update along with fixes to that package.

The total size of the changes remains the same, so splitting patches
does not make things ‘too much’ anymore than the original patch would
be ‘too much’.  Splitting patches makes it easier to respond to
individual parts.

Also, a commit message was missing.  Additionally, I recommend setting
the "--base"  option of "git format-patch/git send-email" to help with
rebasing.

Greetings,
Maxime.