Subject: bug#53989: 29.0.50; Gnus searches broken

From: Michael Heerdegen <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 18 Feb 2022 03:10:07 +0100

Eric Abrahamsen <[email-masked]> writes:

> Okay, it turns out that also lets us drop most of the regexp silliness
> from the parsing stuff. Would you mind trying the attached patch and
> confirm that it doesn't break anything? I'll try to make this the last
> time I mess with search results parsing...

Works so far for me.

| +(cl-defmethod gnus-search-indexed-extract :around
| +  ((_engine gnus-search-indexed))
| +  (let ((ret (cl-call-next-method)))

Why do you need an :around method here - why don't you just add that to
the primary method?

| +    ;; We run `expand-file-name' here in order to collapse multiple
| +    ;; consecutive directory separators.
| +    (cl-callf expand-file-name (car ret))
| +    ret))

If I were you I would add to the comment that mairix may return such
multi-separator file names - else it's not clear why that collapsing is
necessary at that point.

Thanks,

Michael.