Subject: 29.0.50; Gnus searches broken

From: Michael Heerdegen <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 14 Feb 2022 04:37:28 +0100

Hello,

G g in Gnus only gives me search groups containing no messages.  I have
verified that matches are collected successfully, but they are not
processed correctly.

When I load the gnus-search.el version of the parent commit of

| e7f6bb38dd Rework gnus-search-indexed-parse-output
| Eric Abrahamsen <[email-masked]> Sat Jun 26 10:16:19 2021 -0700

searching works again.  When I load the version of the commit, it's
broken.  So with my setup that commit seems to have broken something.

What could be the problem?

TIA,

Michael.

In GNU Emacs 29.0.50 (build 17, x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 3.24.24, cairo version 1.16.0)
 of 2022-02-14 built on drachen
Repository revision: f2dae7e79c37a94069245319166b9e4193f2ccf7
Repository branch: master
Windowing system distributor 'The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.12011000
System Description: Debian GNU/Linux 11 (bullseye)