Subject: bug#53989: 29.0.50; Gnus searches broken

From: Michael Heerdegen <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 14 Feb 2022 05:59:25 +0100

Eric Abrahamsen <[email-masked]> writes:

> Can you tell me which Gnus backend this is on, what the search engine
> is, what search engine config you've got, and the full filepath of a
> typical search result that isn't showing up in searches?

I was using mairix to search my local mail archives (nnml):

(setf (alist-get 'nnml gnus-search-default-engines)
      'gnus-search-mairix)
(setq gnus-search-mairix-remove-prefix
      (expand-file-name "Mail/archive/" "~"))

Matches look like

/home/micha/Mail/archive//sent/9076

Anything else you need to know?

When edebugging, the path stuff seemed to work ok, I saw that the
article numbers like "9076" were processed individually.  However I
didn't understand why the group names in the code were like ".sent",
".work", etc, with a leading dot, instead of "sent", "work".  At that
point I gave up.  I had the impression that the articles were not
correctly mapped to their groups and all were just discarded.

Michael.