Subject: bug#53983: closed (Re: bug#53983: lsh fails to build)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Wed, 16 Feb 2022 07:51:01 +0000

Your bug report

#53983: lsh fails to build

which was filed against the guix package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
53983: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=53983
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#53983: lsh fails to build
From: Brice Waegeneire <[email-masked]>
To: Roman Riabenko <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 16 Feb 2022 08:49:51 +0100
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Hello Roman,

Roman Riabenko <[email-masked]> writes:

> I was able to reproduce it on a fresh install of Guix 1.3.0. I just
> downloaded the image, installed with graphical installer, and ran "guix
> pull" and "guix system reconfigure /etc/config.scm" on the freshly
> installed system. Then, "guix install lsh" checks for substitues and
> falls back to building, which results in the attached error message. I
> also tried installing lsh in the QCOW2 image, which got it installed
> from substitutes without an issue. It seems that something in build-
> dependancies needs to be updated.

Thanks for the report.  Tobias has fixed that a few hours ago in
1cdd6b09c8bc45c1ae5a16f16d5bcf33ab0ceb5e¹ which the CI build successfully².  I
was also able to build it locally.

¹ https://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/guix.git/commit/?id=1cdd6b09c8bc45c1ae5a16f16d5bcf33ab0ceb5e
² http://ci.guix.gnu.org/build/485353/details

Cheers,
- Brice

Subject: lsh fails to build
From: Roman Riabenko <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 13 Feb 2022 22:18:46 +0200
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

I was able to reproduce it on a fresh install of Guix 1.3.0. I just
downloaded the image, installed with graphical installer, and ran "guix
pull" and "guix system reconfigure /etc/config.scm" on the freshly
installed system. Then, "guix install lsh" checks for substitues and
falls back to building, which results in the attached error message. I
also tried installing lsh in the QCOW2 image, which got it installed
from substitutes without an issue. It seems that something in build-
dependancies needs to be updated.

Roman