Subject: [bug#53966] [PATCH] gnu: udpcast: Update to 20211207.

From: Maxime Devos <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 13 Feb 2022 10:32:09 +0100

Michael Rohleder schreef op zo 13-02-2022 om 06:09 [+0100]:
>         ;; XXX: Original server is at https://www.udpcast.linux.lu is
> not
>         ;; reliable.

Do you know in what sense it is unreliable?

>         (uri (list (string-append
> -                   "http://sources.buildroot.net/udpcast/udpcast-"
> -                   version ".tar.gz")
> -                  (string-append
>                     "https://fossies.org/linux/privat/udpcast-"
>                     version ".tar.gz")
>                    (string-append
>                     "https://www.udpcast.linux.lu/download/udpcast-"
>                     version ".tar.gz")))
> 

I noticed the old URI
<https://fossies.org/linux/privat/udpcast-20200328.tar.gz/>
now is a 404.  It seems like old versions are automatically removed,
so the fossies URL would be unreliable (from a reproducibility POV).

The only remaining URL is the www.udpcast.linux.lu URL.  It would be
nice to have more fallbacks, so personally I would keep the
sources.buildroot.net URL, even though it currently 404s, with a
comment like

  ;; At time of writing, sources.buildroot.net only has old versions
  ;; of udpcast, but presumably it will be updated eventually.

YMMV.

Greetings,
Maxime.