Subject: Re: bug#53956: 27.1; Make xref--current-item public

From: Dmitry Gutov <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 21 Feb 2022 03:00:34 +0200

On 12.02.2022 14:45, Felician Nemeth wrote:
> Severity: wishlist
> thanks
> 
> Dmitry answered (to my question) in
> https://github.com/joaotavora/eglot/pull/832#issuecomment-1031019256 :
> 
>>> An xref-after-jump-hook processes the last selected item
>>> (xref--current-item) and gives an option to the user to execute the
>>> selected command. However, xref--current-item is private. @dgutov,
>>> is there another way (an api call) to get the selected xref-item?
>>
>> Nope, never considered that the value would be interesting for
>> extensions. You can refer to this name, but it's probably a good idea
>> to rename it (with a compatibility alias, I guess). We can move this
>> to the bug tracker.

Thanks for the report, now done on master (3d2c213ce9).

Should be in the next update, 1.4.0.