Subject: Re: bug#53954: 29.0.50; segmentation fault, Februray 12th 2022

From: Jean Louis <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 13 Feb 2022 00:10:42 +0300

For now I can provide this below, I will now make Emacs for debugging and try again.

(gdb) start
Temporary breakpoint 1 at 0x4ca40: file emacs.c, line 1208.
Starting program: /home/data1/protected/bin/emacs 
[Thread debugging using libthread_db enabled]
Using host libthread_db library "/usr/lib/libthread_db.so.1".

Temporary breakpoint 1, main (argc=1, argv=0x7fffffffdf58) at emacs.c:1208
1208	{
(gdb) bt
#0  main (argc=1, argv=0x7fffffffdf58) at emacs.c:1208
(gdb) continue
Continuing.
[New Thread 0x7ffff2272640 (LWP 8647)]
Loading /home/data1/protected/Programming/emacs-lisp/rcd-utilities.el (source)...
[Detaching after vfork from child process 8659]
Loading /home/data1/protected/Programming/emacs-lisp/rcd-utilities.el (source)...done

[New Thread 0x7ffff1849640 (LWP 8731)]
[Detaching after fork from child process 8732]
[New Thread 0x7ffff0eb8640 (LWP 8733)]

Thread 1 "emacs" received signal SIGSEGV, Segmentation fault.

0x0000555555678efb in x_update_opaque_region (f=f@entry=0x0, configure=configure@entry=0x7fffffffbd40) at xterm.c:454
454	  if (!FRAME_DISPLAY_INFO (f)->alpha_bits)
(gdb) Continuing.
Fatal error 11: Segmentation fault
Backtrace:
/home/data1/protected/bin/emacs(+0x17c7b1)[0x5555556d07b1]
/home/data1/protected/bin/emacs(+0x45d7a)[0x555555599d7a]
/home/data1/protected/bin/emacs(+0x462a2)[0x55555559a2a2]
/home/data1/protected/bin/emacs(+0x17aacd)[0x5555556ceacd]
/home/data1/protected/bin/emacs(+0x17ab49)[0x5555556ceb49]
/usr/lib/libpthread.so.0(+0x13870)[0x7ffff6416870]
/home/data1/protected/bin/emacs(+0x124efb)[0x555555678efb]
/home/data1/protected/bin/emacs(+0x13698c)[0x55555568a98c]
/home/data1/protected/bin/emacs(+0x138099)[0x55555568c099]
/home/data1/protected/bin/emacs(+0x1637b2)[0x5555556b77b2]
/home/data1/protected/bin/emacs(+0x165065)[0x5555556b9065]
/home/data1/protected/bin/emacs(+0x230c5a)[0x555555784c5a]
/home/data1/protected/bin/emacs(+0x231230)[0x555555785230]
/home/data1/protected/bin/emacs(+0x231230)[0x555555785230]
/home/data1/protected/bin/emacs(+0x231230)[0x555555785230]
/home/data1/protected/bin/emacs(+0x231230)[0x555555785230]
/home/data1/protected/bin/emacs(+0x231230)[0x555555785230]
/home/data1/protected/bin/emacs(+0x1e87d2)[0x55555573c7d2]
/home/data1/protected/bin/emacs(+0x1e8a39)[0x55555573ca39]
/home/data1/protected/bin/emacs(+0x5cd33)[0x5555555b0d33]
/home/data1/protected/bin/emacs(+0x5d0ad)[0x5555555b10ad]
/home/data1/protected/bin/emacs(+0x14603a)[0x55555569a03a]
/home/data1/protected/bin/emacs(+0x230d4d)[0x555555784d4d]
/home/data1/protected/bin/emacs(+0x231230)[0x555555785230]
/home/data1/protected/bin/emacs(+0x1e87d2)[0x55555573c7d2]
/home/data1/protected/bin/emacs(+0x1ea302)[0x55555573e302]
/home/data1/protected/bin/emacs(+0x230d4d)[0x555555784d4d]
/home/data1/protected/bin/emacs(+0x231230)[0x555555785230]
/home/data1/protected/bin/emacs(+0x231230)[0x555555785230]
/home/data1/protected/bin/emacs(+0x231230)[0x555555785230]
/home/data1/protected/bin/emacs(+0x231230)[0x555555785230]
/home/data1/protected/bin/emacs(+0x1ed997)[0x555555741997]
/home/data1/protected/bin/emacs(+0x1ec526)[0x555555740526]
/home/data1/protected/bin/emacs(+0x1ee9f7)[0x5555557429f7]
/home/data1/protected/bin/emacs(+0x1e6f27)[0x55555573af27]
/home/data1/protected/bin/emacs(+0x15aae6)[0x5555556aeae6]
/home/data1/protected/bin/emacs(+0x1e6e81)[0x55555573ae81]
/home/data1/protected/bin/emacs(+0x15a0bf)[0x5555556ae0bf]
/home/data1/protected/bin/emacs(+0x1617cf)[0x5555556b57cf]
/home/data1/protected/bin/emacs(+0x161b4c)[0x5555556b5b4c]
/home/data1/protected/bin/emacs(+0x4e542)[0x5555555a2542]
...

Thread 1 "emacs" received signal SIGSEGV, Segmentation fault.
0x00007ffff6416702 in raise () from /usr/lib/libpthread.so.0
(gdb) Continuing.
Couldn't get registers: No such process.
Couldn't get registers: No such process.
(gdb) [Thread 0x7ffff0eb8640 (LWP 8733) exited]
[Thread 0x7ffff1849640 (LWP 8731) exited]
[Thread 0x7ffff2272640 (LWP 8647) exited]

Program terminated with signal SIGSEGV, Segmentation fault.
The program no longer exists.

The program is not being run.
(gdb) bt
No stack.
(gdb)