Subject: Re: [bug#53953] [PATCH] gnu: Add acpilight.

From: Maxime Devos <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 12 Feb 2022 14:38:39 +0100

Brice Waegeneire schreef op za 12-02-2022 om 11:44 [+0100]:
> +       #:make-flags (list "prefix="
> +                          (string-append "DESTDIR="
> +                                         (assoc-ref %outputs "out")))

%outputs, %build-inputs and friends are being deprecated (not 100%
sure, you might want to confirm with ludo) in favour of G-exps. More
concretely: (list #:make-flags #~(list "prefix=" (string-append
"DESTDIR=" #$output))).

Also, about prefix= and DESTDIR=, it's normally the other way around.

#~(list ; (probably) no need to set DESTDIR=, it's normally "" by default:
        (string-append "prefix=" #$output)).

(Search for "Staged installation" for details)

Also, are you sure about the case of 'prefix'?  Usually, Makefiles use
uppercase 'PREFIX' and not 'prefix' (for ./configure, it's other way
around).

Greetings,
Maxime.