Subject: bug#53940: closed (Wrong gcc path ?)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Thu, 06 Feb 2025 09:36:01 +0000

Your bug report

#53940: Wrong gcc path ?

which was filed against the guix package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
53940: https://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=53940
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Wrong gcc path ?
From: Cayetano Santos <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 06 Feb 2025 10:35:08 +0100
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Too old, doesn’t apply anymore.

--
Cayetano Santos
.
gpg: CCB8 1842 F9D7 058E CD67 377A BF5C DF4D F6BF 6682
key: meta.sr.ht/~csantosb.pgp

Subject: Wrong gcc path ?
From: Cayetano Santos <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 11 Feb 2022 15:15:50 +0100
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Hello Guix,

  I'm building a container with 'guix shell --container', and 
  including gcc-toolchain.

  Under /gnu/store I get gcc 11.2 as well as gcc 10.3, both with 
  -lib directories. Problem is I get an error about GLIBCXX_3.4.29 
  missing. My software compiles (and finds) the wrong gcc 10.3 
  lib, and not the correct 11.2. How can I set the correct gcc 
  libs ? I have located the folder, but the random hash makes it 
  unusable. I mean, setting LD_LIBRARY_PATH solves the problem, 
  but, how to guess the right one ?

  To reproduce the problem, I have created an example repository 
  here: https://gitlab.in2p3.fr/csantos/examples/guix-issue

  Is that related to guix ?

Thanks,

Cayetano Santos