Subject: bug#53916: 29.0.50; pgtk: Gtk-WARNING with popup menu

From: Stephen Berman <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 10 Feb 2022 11:43:43 +0100

0. emacs -Q
1. Disable with menu bar with `M-x menu-bar-mode'
2. Press the F10 key to invoke `menu-bar-open'
=> In the shell the following warning is emitted:

(emacs-pgtk:6569): Gtk-WARNING **: 11:39:05.713: no trigger event for menu popup

In GNU Emacs 29.0.50 (build 11, x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 3.24.31, cairo version 1.17.4)
 of 2022-02-10 built on strobelfs2
Repository revision: d3c47011d5ace1e1c3fca830d3ff71d9c693ed5d
Repository branch: master
System Description: Linux From Scratch r11.0-115

Configured using:
 'configure --with-pgtk --with-xwidgets 'CFLAGS=-Og -g3'
 PKG_CONFIG_PATH=/opt/qt5/lib/pkgconfig'

Configured features:
ACL CAIRO DBUS FREETYPE GIF GLIB GMP GNUTLS GPM GSETTINGS HARFBUZZ JPEG
JSON LCMS2 LIBSYSTEMD LIBXML2 MODULES NOTIFY INOTIFY PDUMPER PGTK PNG
RSVG SECCOMP SOUND SQLITE3 THREADS TIFF TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS WEBP XIM
XWIDGETS GTK3 ZLIB