Subject: [bug#53912] [PATCH 0/5] WIP Add WSL support.

From: Mathieu Othacehe <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 11 Sep 2022 14:23:05 +0200

Hey,

> At first sight, it looks mostly ready to me.  What’s missing is a
> section like “Running Guix under WSL”, maybe next to “Running Guix in a
> VM”.  WDYT?
>
> Better yet would be a “System Images” section under “System
> Configuration”, with a subsection dedicated to WSL images.

I added a "System Images" documentation chapter with:
https://issues.guix.gnu.org/57643.

I sent a preliminary patchset to add tarball support here:
https://issues.guix.gnu.org/57680.

I also took most of the comments of this thread into account an pushed a
revised version of this series to wip-image.

In the documentation patchset, there is an "Image Modules" section
describing how to create an image by running "guix system image
gnu/system/images/pine64.scm". Maybe I should also give a more specific
example of how to create a WSL image in that section?

Tested all of it by creating a WSL image with some web services (nginx,
tailon), they are started by Shepherd in the WSL and accessible from
Windows.

Thanks,

Mathieu