Subject: [bug#53908] [PATCH] Adding a package for ditaa

From: 宋文武 <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 05 Aug 2022 10:00:49 +0800

Hello, a friendly ping here.

Frank Pursel <[email-masked]> writes:

> Hi,
>
> My intentions were good but this isn't good.  I now see that though this
> ditaa package will build and work this package isn't yet ready for guix.
> If you want to help advance this, read on!  I'll point out what I
> perceive I missed on the first go around.  I still eventually hope to
> get ditaa officially packaged for guix.  
>
> I belatedly see that I've stumbled into some less than desirable
> practices here.  So, to be quick, ditaa in guix needs to wait until the
> underlying dependencies in java-batik-all-jar are under approriate build
> control.
>
> I now see that the current java-batik-all-jar build depends on the use
> of several jars embedded in the apache source package.  It isn't guixy
> to use these. We need to provide guix built packages to replace those
> jars (some of which already exists).

I find that the batik source package of debian didn't have jars:
http://deb.debian.org/debian/pool/main/b/batik/batik_1.14-2.debian.tar.xz

So maybe it's actually not needed, and we can safely remove them in a
source snippet?